Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Father God, Thank You

Thank you, Father God, for:

Sharing your awesome presence with me. For allowing me to approach your throne with help from your Son and Spirit. I am so thankful that you seek me out when I need strength and encouragement.

My wonderful husband of 23 years. What a blessing he is. I am thankful that you gave us each personalities that complement each other and build each other up. To know you created us both knowing what we would each need shows yet again how much you love us.

Garrett whom you made to be gifted with & passionate about technology. I am thankful for the man he is becoming. It has been an awesome privilege to watch him serve others. Thank you for a school career filled with positive Christian influences. Give me the strength to watch him as he begins college. Guide me to pray him through all the new lessons he will learn about you, about relationships, and about growing up.

Colton whom you made to be gifted with critters. Colton loves people and animals; and enjoys your creation to the fullest. What a privilege to see nature & people through his eyes.

That you are the perfect parent. You have taught me through my children. As I reflect on our unconditional love for them, I know your love for us is more. As I reflect on my dreams and goals for them, I know your purposes for all of us are even higher. As I worry that I haven’t been the perfect parent, I know your grace is sufficient to cover me and our children.

For family who love and encourage us on our journey. You provided so many family members with such unique gifts that I am amazed at your creativity. Thank you for our large family full of characters.

For your truths that you share through your words that you breathe to life throughout the pages of my Bible. I am thankful that I own several Bibles in different translations that help me discover you again and again. May I constantly put your words in my heart ready to give any man an answer about you.

Each day that I open my eyes is another day where I may serve you. May I awake with praise and go to peaceful sleep with praise for you.

My years in ministry and the lives you allowed me to touch. May the seeds you allowed me to plant grow into a wonderful harvest for you. I thank you for a season filled with hugs, smiles, laughter, learning, teaching, reading, loving, coloring, playing, singing, acting, praising, and serving through fingerprints, footprints, and baby slobber.

For a year of change. You promised you would never give me more than I can bear, but you stretched me this year. I never knew I could stretch so far. I was pretty sure I was broken beyond repair several times. I am grateful that you held me through the entire process. You never gave up on me. I am glad that you used the experiences of the last year to draw me closer to you. I am thankful for rest and renewal. I am thankful for more time with my family. I am thankful for the preparation you are doing on my heart for my next assignment. I can’t wait to see what you are going to do next. It has been an awesome journey so far.

For friends. You always know who I need and when I need them to cross my path. May I always hear your gentle nudges to reach out to friends with just the words and actions they need to hear and see. I pray that I can as much help to others as our friends have been to us this last year.

For light that you are in my life. You are bright and shiny. May others see your light. May it draw them to you.

For Bible Studies and devotions brought to my computer and inbox so I can keep focused on you each day. For friends who encourage and keep me accountable to study and grow.

For sharing yourself with me. You are the beginning and the end. The Alpha & the Omega. The First and Last. You are above all, in all and through all.

No comments:

Photobucket

Prayer Calendars

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket