Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Call from School

Life is moving along at its regular pace when suddenly everything changes. As I was working and totally trying to put my heart into all that I do for a very demanding ministry, the phone rang. It was the school nurse. She wanted to let me know that my son was in the clinic. She stated his symptoms and asked me what I wanted her to do. At that exact moment, I shifted into super mom drive. Nothing, not powers seen or unseen could have stopped me from shifting everything in my mind to my child. As we were still speaking on the phone, I was grabbing up my keys to head out the door. I even left someone sitting in my office. I think I waved bye as I ran to the elevator. Fortunately, my guest was also a parent and knows what it is like to get a sick child call. I got to my child as fast as I could and took care of him as only his mom can.

I think about God as my Father. When He gets a call about me through a friend's prayer, I know he focuses on me with as much intensity as I focus on my children. What a blessing to have the most powerful and loving Father who cares about me even more than I can love my child. For His love is perfect.

Father, thanks for creating me to be your child and for allowing me to parent my children. May I always lift You up as my example.

No comments:

Photobucket

Prayer Calendars

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket